Please be advised that Japan Adaptive Surfing Organization, JASO, has been established on 1st October 2017 with it’s principal office at 814-2, Shiigi, Misaki Machi, Isumi City, Chiba Prefecture, Japan. The organization has corporate status in Chiba Prefectural Legal Affairs Bureau of the Japan’s Ministry of Justice as 0400-05-019680 of corporate registration number.
The purpose of the organization is to act as the representative of the members engaged in adaptive surfing in Japan, and as the central institution to promote sound development of adaptive surfing competitions, to raise awareness of oceans sports and facilitate healthy physical development through adaptive surfing, and to facilitate friendship among domestic and overseas adaptive surfers. In order to achieve the aforesaid purpose, the organization shall perform the following activities and projects.
- To hold adaptive surfing competitions, including the All Japan Adaptive Surfing Championship.
- To support various adaptive surfing competitions, and to officially recognize and manage scheduling of these competitions.
- To officially accredit qualifications of adaptive surfing skills.
- To promote sound acknowledgement of adaptive surfing in public.
- To conduct research and develop in equipment, along with surfboards, for adaptive surfers.
- To hold safety training programs and relating events for accident prevention in adaptive surfing.
- To officially qualify participants in overseas adaptive surfing competitions.
- To establish the regulations of adaptive surfing competitions in Japan.
- To hold life-saving programs and relating events by using surfboards and bodyboards.
- To officially qualify and train official judges and instructors in adaptive surfing.
- To publish the bulletin of the organization and other publications.
- To perform other necessary activities and projects in order to accomplish purpose described in the articles.
Officers of the organization are;
President : Teruo Adegawa
Director : Yuriko Adegawa
Director : Shigeru Katagiri
Director : Roko Wada